I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 5, 2013

6.5.13

Proverbs 18:14 The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed spirit?
 
My Thoughts
I love this.  It just almost made me jump for joy when I read it.  It really did!!    You see I have Lupus which caused me to also have fibromyalgia, arthritis and pleurisy in my left lung that never completely goes away. These are just the things I deal with almost constantly... I endure a sick body every day.  Even when I feel good, really good, I am still very tired.  I am never not tired.  I am always in a little pain of some kind even on my very best days.  And on my worse days there can be even more symptoms and the exhaustion can be extreme.  It is something that a well person, try as they might can never understand.  It is not their fault they don't understand and I feel so very thankful for them that they don't.  But it can also be a very lonely feeling knowing that people don't understand even when they want to.
 
In the past I also suffered a crushed spirit from feeling all alone in my pain and exhaustion, feeling pretty much defeated.  Then I learned to read my Bible, every day and it changed my world.  Even though I endure this sick body...I feel great joy and happiness.  I know that Jesus walked on this earth and endured great pain before He died for me, so He understands my pain.  Knowing that He really does understand my pain is a tremendous comfort. I wish that I could put it into words how comforting knowing that He knows is.  That comfort gives me strength!  That knowing makes me able to do things in spite of my pain, in spite of being so very tired.  I can endure this sick body with God on my side, and feel great peace, and great joy, and great happiness. 
 
When our spirit is crushed, even with the healthiest body, we are void of energy and feel great pain in our loneliness. Pain of loneliness is a much more crushing pain than any other pain I have ever felt. It is a defeating pain.  It is not a pain that makes me know I am alive and surviving, it is a pain that makes us feel like we are dying and nobody can hear us to save us.  If I could draw the pain of loneliness it would be darkness encircling  a naked me. like a womb encircles us...but with no warmth and no ones heartbeat or voice to comfort us. It would show all darkness below with me in a circle of darkness on top being pulled down with such great force that the pulling of that darkness is painful... it would show that darkness piercing the insides of me... a deep lonely pain.
 
The pain I feel from a sick body, because I know Jesus, only affects my body. If I could draw it it would look more like me standing in a robe of white....with arrows piercing my body here and there, then falling away and piercing again...but my head would be looking up, my face would have hope in it...my hand would be outstretched with Jesus reaching down holding it... there would be no looking down at the pain...only me looking up at hope, knowing without doubt, that one day Jesus was going to take my hand tight and pull me up to Him where the arrows could not pierce my body any more.. to a place of total freedom from any pain. With Jesus my soul is not being pulled into a pit of darkness and my soul feels pain so much more than my body ever can.  With Jesus my soul feels great joy...a joy so big it can over-ride the pain in my body and make me able to do what I need to do... able to do the important things...able to love and feel love back. 
 
Before I took time to really, really actually know God, I would have read these words and wanted to scream out..that a sick body crushes your spirit.  Now when I read these words it make me want to raise my hands up in triumph and praise, because the earth may damage my body but nothing but God can have my soul.  God makes my soul happy and a happy soul trumps a sick body and makes me able!!

No comments: