I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 6, 2013

7.6.13

Psalms 4:4-5 Don't sin by letting anger control you.  Think about it overnight and remain silent.  Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust in the Lord.
 

My Thoughts

Psalm 50:14 tells us to make thankfulness our sacrifice.  How many feelings would we spare, how many hurtful words would go unspoken if we went to bed and sent up thank you's to God in the right mind...then thought about what we were angry about.  How often would we not remember?  How often would we see things in a different light?  How often would we fall asleep in the middle of being thankful and forget we were even angry?  What if every time we felt upset we stopped and sent up 100 thank you's to God would we even be able to stay angry?


More often than not what we say in anger is what last so much longer than what we were even angry about.  It is so important to control our anger...to not act or react in anger.  I have never know anyone who did not regret things said in anger.  I know that if I allow myself to calm down and think calmly of a way to present my "case" when I have been angry, I am much better able to make my point...and I can do it with out saying those things we are not suppose to say like, "You always," and "You never." 


Here in verse 4 it doesn't tell us that getting angry is a sin, but it does tell us that letting anger control us is a sin.  We can avoid that sin...and any sin that it might bring on by waiting until morning to speak and being thankful in the process. Maybe anytime we grit out teeth we should use that as a sign to start our thank you list so we can make it to bed without opening our mouths.  Then when we wake up in the morning what comes our of our mouths will be praise.. wonderful peaceful praise!

No comments: