I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 26, 2013

7.26.13

Proverbs 20:3 Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling.
 
My Thoughts
When we fight we say so much that we can't take back.  Even when we are careful with our words... how we speak them last forever sometimes.  So often we risk so much for the need to be right just for a moment.   I heard a speaker say once that we should always ask ourselves, "Will this matter in five years?"  I think that is wise advice.  All too often arguments start out of total selfishness, how often would we stop our words if we asked ourselves, "Would I want him/her to say this to me?" 

God calls us to act in love... love is not selfish.  Fights are usually started when we are being our most selfish and least loving.  How is avoiding a fight a mark of honor?  God honors us when we make the right choice, for the right reason.  How often have we given up God's honor just so we could be right for a moment in time? 

No comments: