I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 17, 2013

7.17.13

Romans 4:4-5 When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned.  But when people are counted as righteous, not because if their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.
 
My Thoughts
I love this!!  I have read it before and just almost been sick to my tummy because it just confused me!!  It made sense in my head but maybe not in my heart.  What I have learned over these last four years of reading my Bible daily (I do miss a day here and there...but I so try not to) is this..  I could not have faith in God when I didn't know what God told me.  I tried to have faith... I wanted to have faith... I thought I had faith... but how could I have faith when I didn't know but a blip of what God promises me?  Each day as I read my Bible I learn more... and my faith grows more... then I am able to learn ever more.... and my faith grows even more.  
 
As I read my Bible I learn God's promises... and as when they really drop down in my heart I am able to act on my faith in God.  I don't try to be good so God will love me, instead I know, because of my faith, that if I do what God says, God will do what He promises me.  So the more I do what God tells me to do, the better my life gets. 
 
I am learning that what I need to do is learn God... as I learn God I see Him in the things around me... I see Him working in my life... then I get to go about learning to do better and being right with God even though I mess up.  What a wonderful gift God gives us!! 

No comments: