I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 8, 2013

7.8.13

Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
 
My Thoughts
I was thinking of how often the time we spend talking is to present our case about something, anything. So often we talk to we can be heard, just heard.  So we will talk about anything or anybody just so that our voices will be heard. 
 
When all along we would be better heard if we used our voices, our words, our tongue to build others up.  To tell them good things about themselves.  When we are busy talking about ourselves we can sometimes scream and not be heard, but if we are busy building up the person we are talking to we could whisper and not a word would be missed. 
 
If our need is just to be heard, and so often that is our very need, we need to spend those words building up the people we are talking to!  Consequences can be good or they can be bad.  If we spend our time talking about the good... we will reap good consequences.  It is important to remember the best way to build a person up does not include tearing another person down in the process. 
 
Our words can bring life or they can bring death (Proverbs 18:21).  So often we see these words and think of the death of a body.  But our words can bring life to a dream or death to a dream. They can bring life to a soul or death to a soul.  The can bring life to someone's self-image or death to someone's self-image.  Our words can bring to life someone's creativity or they can stomp creativity completely out of a person. Our words can plant hope or our words can dig hope up and lay in in the sun to dry up and die.  We need to go around fertilizing each other's dreams, their hopes, their lives.  We do this by being an encourager, by being a listener, by being interested in other people not just ourselves. 
 
The wonderful thing is this... God sets up life so that if we do the right thing, the things he ask us to do, our lives grow, our hope grows, our dreams grow.  As we grow others we reap the rewards that God sends down on us.  Those are far greater than anything we can bring on ourselves. 

No comments: