I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 13, 2013

1 Chronicles 16:24 Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.  Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.
 
My Thoughts
These were words in a song David sung as he danced into town with a parade that was carrying the Ark of the covenant.  These words just jumped off the page when I read them!! I remember hearing my grandparents reading from the newspaper happy stories that happened in town.  Now to put a happy story, a story about a life together starting, it cost money.  To celebrate somebody's long life at the time of their death you pay for each and every word...so at a time of great expense people can't afford celebrate a life in a way that really tells the story of their loved one.  Nightly news tells stories over and over again of murder...the same murder of another murder is not grewsum enough to top the one they are talking about at the time... then they spend about a minute throwing in a good story. 
 
It is no wonder that people are doing horrible things to be famous!!  The only way to make the news is to be bad!!  What if the news was filled with all the good that God puts in the world... people would strive to be noticed by the good that they do!! 
 
When we spend time listening to all the evil in the world...we spend time meditating on what Satan has caused, what Satan has put into motion.  And those things should never be celebrated.  We need to listen to the words of wise, wise David and publish God's glorious deeds among the nations, we need to be telling everybody of the good in this world.  We need to be celebrating, meditating on what God makes happen.  Then not only would we not get so bogged down and depressed by the evil around us...there would actually be less evil.  The focus would be on God and all of His goodness...and the good would beget good!!
 
I would love to see what changes there would be in our nations if the news would spend 2 minutes on the bad we need to know about...and 28 minutes on the good things that are happening!!  How many more heros would we find...would we create...how many fame seeking killers would we stop?? 
 
As individuals we can do this... we can make the statements about others that come from our mouths be good...only good!!  I challenge you to do this with me...spend today speaking only good...and see what happens... then try again tomorrow... take it one day at a time...but try to be the verbal publisher of good... of God's good!!

No comments: