I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 30, 2013

7:30.13

Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God's law.
 
My Thoughts
Think about this!!  This does not say love does no wrong to people that have not wronged you. This does not say love does no wrong to others unless you are having a bad day, this does not say love does no wrong to others unless they are driving like an idiot.  This verse says love does no wrong to others. There is no "unless they" added to the end of the sentence.  It does add that if we love each other we will fulfill the requirements of God's law. 

We have to learn to act in love no matter how we fill.  In fact in Luke 6:32 it says "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them." We we truly walk in love we love those that are hardest to love, in spite of what our feelings tell us. 

If I think about it, when I need love from others the most, is when I am being my most unlovable.  Imagine the reaction we would get if we just wrapped our arms around someone that was being unkind to us?  It just might be the thing they need the most and don't have the words to express. 

If love fulfills the requirements of God's law, then what does doing wrong to others do? 

No comments: