I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 2, 2013

8.2.13

 

2 Chronicles 32:6b-8 Then Hezekiah encouraged them by saying, "Be strong and courageous! Don't be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria or his mighty army, for there is a power far greater on our side! He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the Lord Our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!" Hezekiah's words greatly encouraged the people.



My Thoughts

When I read this I thought of how often I have been afraid of people. People in charge of me... or just people I know. I have always been such a people pleaser. But the more I know God, really know Him by reading my Bible and going to Bible Study and surrounding myself with people that know Him... the more I become a God pleaser instead of a people pleaser. The more I seek to please God over people the less afraid of people I have become. The freedom of that alone in my life is amazing!! I still love for people to like me... but instead of depending on my actions of pleasing them, I depend on God to provide me with good favor with people. Now I go about loving on people not to get them to love me back, but to be a loving, sweet kind person, a person that spreads God's love to others. When we please God, God gives us the desires of our hearts. I desire to be loved, God has given me that in abundance these days!!


Before when I was depending on my actions to be loved I lived in fear, in a constant state of anxiety, did I please this person? Did I please that person? Now I have instructions on how to please God, He tells me in His word. When I don't please God He tells me, I confess and He forgives me.... I don't have to be anxious, I just have to have the desire to learn and grow. People are fickle, God is always the same. Then God sends me out to love others and He gives me favor with them... now I get to go about loving others, not pleasing them, just loving them.


My war was inside of myself, I lost the battle each morning as I got out of bed because I was always afraid of displeasing somebody, anybody. God has made me able to be courageous, God encourages me. God says I am with you in all that you do. God goes before me, for He is on my side!! Now that is freedom!!

No comments: