I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 28, 2013

8.28.13

2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 

My Thoughts
This just makes my heart happy!  And it makes me just laugh out loud at the lies the devil tells us!!  He tells us that if we do what God ask we don't have freedom... that we can't do anything we want.  But what God is telling us when He gives us something to live by is if you do this, then you will be set free from this!!   There is not a thing that I do that God tells me to do that does not make me feel free-er.  Free from worry, free from stress, free from burdens. And on the joy that comes with that freedom!! Oh the peace that comes from that freedom. And lots of times I am free from having to make a choice. 

The best example, in my life,  of being free from making a choice is this... I am a people pleaser, or I use to be... I still like to make people happy, but I am not so much a people pleaser...which is so freeing!!  Anyway I use to always feel like I was choosing between people when I was making choices.  Now I choose to please God and let the rest sort itself out... every time I do this everything else does work out.  And each time I am so amazed!  Then I get the added bonus of sleep without worry, without questioning myself.  And even if somebody else is unhappy with what I decided... I can feel good about my choice because I chose to please God. 

I am constantly amazed at how free I feel... the more I know God and the more I follow what He tells me the free-er I become.  The more I keep my eyes on God the free-er I become.  The more I know God the more of His grace I receive, grace that frees me from the desires to even want to do the things that could hold me captive!!

God and all His grace... God and all His love... God and all His care changed my life and made me free! Oh the joy that floods my soul!! 

No comments: