I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8.27.13

2 Corinthians 1:22 and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.

My Thoughts

I love this!! Every time we feel the Holy Spirit prompting us to do good to choose the right thing, whispering in our spirit that we are making a bad choice, we can smile and know that God's promises are for us!! After all we have the first installment that guarantees everything God has promised us! That thought just makes me smile.

We have to remember that God's promises most always come with an if and a then. If you do this, then I will do this for you. When we are not receiving a promise from God, it is not God it is us failing to do the "if."

If we take responsibility for our actions then we can improve out lives. When we stop and say to ourselves, "What is my part in what I am not getting in life?" that is when we begin to grow. God always keeps His promises. But he gives us a part to do in those promises. So next time we have a thought about what God has not done for us yet, we need to find out the if part of what God does for us...and ask ourselves if we have done the "if." God after all wants to give us everything, He loves us and He started out by giving us the Holy Spirit. Even that had the if and then... If we believe that Jesus was the son of God, and confessed out sins, then the Holy Spirit is sent to live in our hearts If we ask. "If we confess, believe and ask, "then God sends the Holy Spirit.

So each morning as the Holy Spirit prompts me to sit down and do my Bible reading, I am assured that God is with me and that God will give me all that He has promised me, when I do the "if" parts. I love it!!

No comments: