I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 26, 2013

8.23.13

1 Corinthians 15:22 Just as ever one dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given a new life.



My Thoughts

I love how reading my Bible and growing my faith, growing my roots in to good soil makes me feel comforted when I read God's word. I would have read this verse a few years back and felt a bit of anxiety... "Will God really give me a new life?" "Am I really saved?" "Does God love me that much?" Then I would have told myself that I asked Jesus into my heart at age 9 that it would all be okay... but I would have still felt such anxiety.


Now that I take the time to know God, to really know and understand Him I read this verse and feel utter joy!! I could almost picture my new life when I read this verse today. I could feel my healthy body... my youngest prettiest face, my white dress and the smile on my face because I was in the glowing presence of God. Standing there in soaking it all in.

Now when the devil tries to tell me, "Oh you are not good enough to get to Heaven!" I just tell him, "I am covered in the blood!"
I encourage you, that if you feel that doubt that I felt... please, please pick up your Bible and start reading it. I love the New Living Translation it is easier for me to understand. Reading God's word each day changed my life. If you are thinking, "But I just don't understand what I am reading." Let me tell you this, when I started reading my Bible each day I was so lost!!! Beyond lost, but I kept reading each day. God's word tells us that if we seek wisdom, wisdom will find us. And I can tell you that this is so true. Now I love reading my Bible... there is always a little nugget there that reassures me. That grows me. God blesses our efforts. God changes us when we seek after Him!! Please, please pick up your Bible and start reading... you will be transformed.



No comments: