I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8.14.13

Psalm 33:18-19 But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.  He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine.

My Thoughts
I was really struck by this. Here is a verse that tells us that we will go through things... that life will not be all sugar and cream. But even in the hard times God watches over us!!  I don't have to fear because God is with me... I will not starve... I may get hungry but I will not starve.  Even if I die an earthly death God is with me and will take me up to Heaven to be with Him. 

I think today of that ten year old girl in Egypt that they killed for being a Christian, for loving God.  What I picture is that with the first injury to her body, God reached down and took her hand. I imagine that in Heaven she was celebrated as a hero.  I know that God made her life matter, her live is known about around the world... she as young as she was chose to live for God even in a place and time where it was scary, scary, scary to do so.  Yet God reached down and took her home with Him...then he made her know around the world.  If the Bible were still being written that little girl's name would have a place, because God watches over us. 

We have to be strong, we have to store God's word in our hearts, we have to be able to stand strong in the face of death and know without a doubt that there is life waiting for us no matter what happens. One day we may be asked to be as strong as this ten year old girl in Egypt.  And to be that strong God's word has to be a part of our hearts.  

No comments: