I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 19, 2013

8.19.13

Esther 4:14 Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?
My Thoughts
This is the end of the verse. But it is such a powerful statement. Ester does risk her life by going to the king uninvited. She could have been killed. But she saved the Jews! Her roll had basically been to look pretty enough to please the king. The title queen may have seemed important...but it just meant that of all his wives she was the Kings best "arm candy." She became important enough to be mentioned in the Bible by this one act... an act that saved millions of people... people that would not have been born if the Jews had been wiped out!

What can we get from this story? Even tho we are not queens, or princes'? We each may have been born for "such a time as this." I think of great evangelist who go about saving many lives by preaching all over the world. I am not one of those people... but somebody lead those people to Christ. In some cases it was the words of several people in their lives that lead them to that place where they reached so many people. And if any one of those people had not imparted their words of wisdom, this person could have taken a different path. What if Billy Graham's mother's "such a times as this" was just to raise Billy Graham so that he could lead so many people to Christ? What if she had not taken her job as a mother seriously? My point is this... We never know what our words mean, we may never know who they grow into what... we need to make sure that our words are from God. Our "such a time at this" moment may be the words we speak to a cashier at Walmart... that raises a child that becomes somebody that leads hundreds to God. What if we had not spoken those words. We each have a "such a time as this" moment or moments in our lives. We just may not ever know exactly when our "such a time as this" moment has happened. But not knowing doesn't make it less important. And aren't we all children of the King, doesn't that make us royalty? Didn't God create each of us for a reason. I believe we all have "such a time as this" moments in our lives and when we listen to the Holy Spirit guiding us we change something for the good in this world when we love God.



No comments: