I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 8, 2013

8.8.13

1 Corinthians 4:7b What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as thought it were not a gift?
 
My Thoughts
Powerful words!!  It made me think of how proud I am of gifts I get.  I will smile and say, with pride, "Look what Robby gave me!" or "Madison and Cory gave me that!!"  or "John-Robert gave me that!"  When somebody says I like you house I should smile with the same pride and say, "God gave  this to me!"   When somebody tells Robby he has a good job he should say, "God gave me this job."  When somebody says to me that I am so lucky that I have sweet Robby I should say, "He is a gift from God!"  We must learn to give God the credit for all the good in our lives!!  Just think of how much more we would love and depend on God if we became more and more aware of the fact that everything we have comes straight from Him!!  I am going to work on this one! The more I am aware the more often I will say, "It was a gift from God." And the more I recgonize that the more I will love and depend on Him.

No comments: