I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8.21.13

Proverbs 21:26 Some people are always greedy for more, but the godly love to give!



My Thoughts

I think this verse is a good verse to add to our check list. So many things from the Bible we could put in a book as a way to check ourselves. It could say, "Were you greedy today?" and "Did you give something of yourself today?" If we find ourselves wanting and wanting and wanting, and not giving we are not acting the way that God ask us to act.


It is so easy to get caught up in the "I want's" these days. Magazines have more advertisements than articles, telling us what we want. The TV is always telling us what we need... what our neighbors have. I have never heard a commercial tell me that I need to buy something for somebody else, they all tell me what I need for myself. Even at Christmas they tell us what we need to want! We want so much for our children that we get caught up in making sure they have what their friends have that we get in the mode of teaching them that they need what everybody else has. The size of an average house is much larger than when I was a child. All because we have a bad case of greed.


The devil gets us right where he wants us when he gets us so caught up in the "I want's" that our bills make us unable to give when we see the need. So often our bills are paying for the "I just gotta have" things... not anything we actually need at all. Then we pass by the real needy and think we don't have anything at all to give. When this happens the devil smiles.


A good test for ourselves would be the next time we find ourselves wanting, we ask ourselves, "Have I given to somebody else since last time I bought something for me?" If the answer is no we need to step back and find a way to give, then we can treat ourselves while living a godly life.

No comments: