I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8.7.13

1 Corinthians 3:6-8 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.  It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering.  What's important is that God makes the seed grow.  The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose.  And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. 

 
My Thoughts
It is our job to love people into the Kingdom of God.  God will grow them... we just have to plant the seed of God's love...then water that seed with love and encouragement, celebrating each tiny step of growth... as God teaches that person what is right and what is wrong.  We each have a log in our own eyes... so no one is ever going to listen to us criticize... they will only hear our love.  So if we love people to God... God will take care of the rest.
 
I have been so very blessed in the last three and a half years by people that God placed in my path that just loved me... they met me where I was and loved me and celebrated my victories.. they watered me with love and knowledge without condemning my choices...they left the convicting  of my heart up to God... A God who supplies His grace to make me able to learn and grow and do better. 
 
Jesus taught us to love... He said that that was the most important thing... to love God and to love our neighbors.  We plant seeds with love, we water with love... we work on the log in our own eyes and we depend on God to do the rest!!   


No comments: