I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8.20.13

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand it's own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no records of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

My Thoughts
Notice that this says love is... it does not say love feels!!  Loving others is a choice not a feeling.  We can feel that we love somebody but not show it at all in our actions and they will not feel loved at all.  On the other hand we can not feel love at all and acting in a loving way and somebody will feel loved.  The thing is if we act in love, the feeling will follow.  Too often we wait to feel love before we act in love. God does not call us to feel love for everybody, God calls us to love everybody... love is an action word.  When God tells us to love our enemies He surley does not think we should wait on our feelings of love before we do so, they are after all our enemies.  What God knows is that if we act in love...the feelings will come.  

We need to commit these love is actions to our memory so that we can check ourselves and know if we are acting in love!!  Toward the people we feel love for...and toward others.  Even towards our enemies.  If we are not acting in love toward the people we feel love for, will we ever be able to act in love toward the people we see as our enemies?  This is our check list of what our actions should be.  And we should be checking them off daily.   


No comments: