I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 9, 2012

2.9.12

John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

My Thoughts
I love this!... Jesus is saying I am bigger than any troubles...any sorrow that you may come across. In 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 Paul said "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed." For now we live here in this world full of troubles where we get so confused...and sometimes life seems so hard. When life gets that hard we need to always remember John 16:33... Jesus has overcome the world. We are told in 1 John 4:4 that He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world. Jesus left the Holy Spirit to live inside of us to direct us... Jesus overcame the world for us by dieing for our sins. We have God on our side... and God is so much bigger, so much stronger than anything we have to face and God is by our side always, there for us always. Bigger and stronger than anything this world has to dish out.  The world may be able to knock us down... but God picks us back up and finishes our battles for us and when He does, He turns what was meant for our bad into something amazing!

Next time the devil sends out the "big guns" against our lives...we can say "Go ahead Satin, send what you want... because my God is bigger and the prize at the end is going to be wonderful!"

No comments: