I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 18, 2012

2.18.12

Psalms 37:5-6 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

My Thoughts
"Commit everything" that is so much... that is our steps... our words... our thoughts... our work.... our love.... every action we take. Seems a little bit overwhelming... partly because so much of what we do, we just do.

I can comprehend this more, the more that I grow in God.  Recently I started praying specifically.... I have a long way to go with this specific praying....but I am learning.  What I am learning is that when I pray specifically is that I better know my part, and I better know when God does His part. When I pray over something vaguely, which are the only kinds of prayers I remember hearing out loud when I was a child, I don't recognize my part...and I can so easily overlook what God has done....I promise I am getting to my thoughts on this verse... and this does tie in).  Let me give you an example of what I mean.  I can say God help me eat better....then I go about thinking how I should eat better... and I have not actually put God in charge of any part of that plan... I have not really even made a plan.  But, I have noticed when I pray specifically it goes more like this... Dear God help me not eat chocolate, help me want more fruits, help me eat smaller portions.  Then I hear God when He reminds me.... and I can do my part by acting on what God tells me.  When I walk into the kitchen after having said that specific prayer and I open the cabinet the chocolate is in... then God reminds me to eat the raisins instead I am aware that God is reminding me..and I don't want to disappoint God, so I do my part and shut the cabinet door and reach for the raisins. They taste good I smile...and I have a moment that I know God made me strong...and I thank Him. It also makes this eating better think not just about me...but about pleasing God.

From that I can see that if I commit the things I do to God that I will go about them with a stronger resolve... I will be aware that I have said "God this is for you." That awareness will make me make better choices. For instance if I was having trouble with a co-worker and I committed that relationship to God each morning...and at times through out the day... I would be so much more careful to watch my actions, no matter what the other person said or did, I would want God to be proud of how I act. I would want God to be proud of my words and actions toward that person, even if my co-worker never took time to notice I would still what to do what is right for God because I told Him I would.  And the Bible tells me if I commit my actions to God, He will take care of the rest. It is a win, win!!

Another example is that if we commit our work to God,  no matter what happens in a day, if the boss is in a bad mood... we will be aware we are working for God not for the moody boss and we will do a good job. The good job we do will help our place of business prosper, our attitude and our commitment to God will be honored by God, and no matter what happens to our moody boss God will take care of us because we were working for Him. Oh yes the moody boss, if we commit our thoughts to God each time that moody boss came to mind we would send up a prayer...and that situation would change in the process.

Our lives can only improve with a commitment to do everything for God... God always has our best interest at heart. We just have to trust God enough to give Him our all... when we do that God will take care of all parts or our lives in a way that we could never accomplish all on our own.

No comments: