I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 4, 2012

2.4.12

Matthew 23:25-26 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy-- full of greed and self-indulgence! You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish and the outside will become clean too.

My Thoughts
When we let the world see the best of us and then we go home and we are not as good a person as what the world sees, we are not fooling the world we are fooling ourselves. The Pharisees thought that they could follow the law without any care for the intent of the law and they would shine like new dishes!   Jesus told them different... Jesus said your heart and soul have to be right then the rest will follow.

Our actions reflect our hearts even when we are trying to cover up how we really feel.  But, if we make our hearts right...if we love with our hearts our actions will follow. When we find ourselves saying and doing one thing in public and coming home and being and feeling totally different about it in private that is a red flag ...a red flag that our heart is not where it needs to be. That is a time to go to God and say "God I see my heart is not where it needs to be, I felt like I needed to cover up how I felt... If I needed to cover up how I felt then something is wrong in my heart....I see now that I need changes in my heart. Will you please help me with that." When we go to God and truly want to do better, when we want to be a better person." God sees that and He sends down His grace to help up grow, to help us be better!

When we spend time in God's word, in prayer, in worship. Especially when we spend time alone with God, We get the inside of our cup clean... then the outside sparkles too.  God loves to fill our cup overflowing...when our cup overflows it spills out onto others.  What we want our cup overflowing with is God's love. To make that happen we have to do all we can to learn all about how much God loves and cares for us. As we learn, as we spend time with God love begins to fill our hearts....and when God sends down his blessings, He always sends down enough for us to share!.

No comments: