I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2.15.12

Proverbs 9:11-12 Wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life. If you become wise you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.

My Thoughts
Wow! It is up to us to seek wisdom.... which is found all through out the Bible..... we seek and act on that wisdom and God multiplies our days.  People are always looking for ways to prolong life, scientists study it...yet it is right here. Do what God ask and you will live longer. When we don't do what God ask we move outside of God's protection.

I find that when I do, do what I have read in the Bible, when I do listen to the Holy Spirit inside of me...that I don't use up all those extra beats of my heart living with anxiety, I sleep better... I just feel so much better. When I do live outside of the will of God I wear my body out with anxiety and worry.

Why would we ever choose to walk outside the will of God? Yet most of us do just that on some days, some of us do it for a whole season of life. Some of us just have not learned the power of God's word and doing what God ask of us. I know that I didn't understand it for years!!  I have learned that when I read God's word daily, it puts me back on track if I have slipped off... it starts my day out right... and it saves me so much trouble!!

If your days are just not going like  you think they should, if you are not sleeping, if your heart is constantly trying to beat out of your chest because of anxiety. Please pick up God's word and start reading it!!  Don't give up...keep reading... It will change you... it will change the way people see you.... the wisdom of God's word makes all the difference. We all go about looking for life changing experiences when there it is, where it has always been, in God's word.

No comments: