I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1.7.11

Matthew 24:43-44 Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into.  You also must be ready all the time for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

My Thoughts
When I got to this verse I instantly  thought of how so many of us these days have security systems in our homes.  We walk in set the alarm... we set the alarm as we are leaving.... there are people in place to make calls for us if our alarm goes off and we are not able.  We have made our homes ready. We can even check on our houses from far away places if we have the right security system.

We need to make our hearts as ready, secure for Jesus' coming. We need to start our days with prayer and God's word securing our actions for the day... we need to set in place people that will step in and pray for us when we are unable... that will pray for us when we have stepped out of the security of God. We need to keep God close no matter where we go talking to him all the time, no matter where we are.  Our hearts and minds need to be as secure and ready for the second coming of Jesus even more than our homes need to be prepared for a burglar.

We set about making sure our homes, our things are safe.  We need to be that diligent in setting about making sure our souls are safe. We make time for social media, for television for text messages everyday...  Yet we often think we don't have time to secure our steps, our souls for the day. We do have time.... We just have to make God a priority, as much a priority as pushing those number on our keypads in our home security systems.

God's word is, after all the best security system for our hearts!

No comments: