I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 10, 2012

2.10.12

Exodus 31:1-5 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. I have filled him with the spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts.  He is a master craftsman, expert in working with gold, silver, and bronze He is skilled in engraving and mounting gemstones and in carving wood. He is a master at every craft."

My Thoughts
My crafting friends will love this!! I love how God gives us each something to be good at. God gave Bezalel this gift to serve Him. We are all given our gifts to serve God. Joyce Meyer puts  2 John1:6 this way "When we walk in love God is present." (The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word). These verses make me feel as if each time I use my ability to create and share it with somebody, God is in that gift that I am giving away.  After all God gave me the ability to understand and do my knitting... when I give it is out of love...and God is love... so when we make things and give them to others out of love then God is present in those gifts... God is present in us when we are creating those gifts and when we are giving them. How special is that!!  Now wonder if feels so good to give... when we are giving God is present!! There is no better way to have God in our lives than that!  What gift do you have? How can you use that gift to show the love of God today?

No comments: