I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 6, 2012

2.6.12

Psalms 29:11 The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

My Thoughts
This passage tells me that if I find myself needing strength... of find myself without peace that I have left God back at a cross road.  When stress has zapped me of all my energy..and anxiety has entered my life there is something that I have not gone to God about.  If I have and still feel these things... I may have laid my problems at Gods feet...but I left them tied to my body and when I walked away I drug them with me.... instead of really leaving them with God. I want to put this verse in my remembrance so that when I feel myself weak or not at peace I will be reminded to go to God with any problem that I have, with any anger that I have... with any unforgiveness that I have.. with any worry that I have.  When I feel my strength returning...and peace in my soul... I will know that I have successfully laid all that I have at the feet of God.

No comments: