I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 25, 2012

2.25.12

Proverbs 10:16 The earnings of the godly enhance their lives, but evil people squander their money on sin.

My Thoughts
Too often we think of our money as something we earned...something to do with what we please because after all we earned it, it is ours.  But the truth is that our money is a gift from God, our ability to earn money is a gift from God. How we manage that money shows God how much we appreciate His gifts to us.

The better we manage what God has given us the more God will want to give  us.  This is evident in the story of the gifts of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30 ... the person that received the most talents did the most with them The person that received the least talents buried them in the ground, his were give to the person that made the biggest profit on his money. The servants that did something with their money were given more. The person who hid is money in the dirt lost all that he had. When we put our money in things... it can be the same as hiding our treasures in the dirt.

I do believe that God wants us to have things... Jesus died so that we could have our lives and have it abundantly (John 10:10). God also ask that we take care of people in need and God ask that we give 10% back to Him by giving to the Church... God ask for his 10% first and then He tells us he will take care of our 90% (Malachi 3:10).

I also have come to believe that when we use credit to live beyond what God has blessed us with that we are saying to God, "You have not given me enough."  How sad that, that must make God. When we borrow money for a house we have a house to give back if we can no longer afford it... the credit I am talking about is the things we can life without... the things that won't even be there when the bill still is.... when we make a bill on a "toy" that interferes with our ability to pay for the necessary things in life, the things we actually need we are telling God that we are not happy with what He has chosen to provide us with. I believe God first provides us with enough to cover our tithes and our needs... true needs... a roof over our heads, food, heat in winter, air in summer (for us southerners). Then God gives us a little more and watches what we do with it... when we manage it wisely God gives us more... some to do for others, and a little extra to do for ourselves..then if we manage that good we get more. He give us enough to help us and not hurt us...and for each of us that is a different amount.

Our part is to treat what we have been given as what it is, a gift. Then use that precious gift as God intended it to be used... once we learn to do that oh the changes we will see in our lives!!

No comments: