I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2.21.12

Proverbs 10:9 People with integrity walk safely, but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall.

My Thoughts
We are always learning to do better.... growing as a Christian is a process... one that the devil loves to interfere with.... if this verse was put into a modern day manual of instructions  it might go something like this... Check list 1. If you keep slipping your integrity is out of line... to keep from falling adjust it with your words, your actions, your thoughts...be honest with yourself and others.... listen to the Holy Spirit.

So often the devil tries to deceive us by making things okay in our heads.... the minute we find ourselves justifying our words and our actions we are slipping... instead of giving into that justification we can learn to use those kinds of thoughts as red flags for our words and actions...once we hear ourselves justifying our words, our actions, our feelings even, that is the point where we need to stop, go to God and ask Him to help us walk in integrity...God can put us back on the right path.... we are doing better when we catch ourselves and climb back up on the path... we are making steps toward being a better person...we are being better people when we stop the fall.

Next time we feel ourselves justifying our words or action... justifying our feelings....we can STOP and pray and say God I am messing up here...I am not even being honest with myself..... help me to see things as they are...he me to see me as I am....help me to do the right thing. God wants us safe and He will help us know when we are truly walking with integrity...we just have to keep in communication with Him.

No comments: