I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 16, 2012

2.16.12

Proverbs 9:16-18 "Come with me," she urges the simple. To those who lack good judgement, she says, "Stolen water is refreshing; food eaten in secret taste the best!" But little do they know that the dead are there. Her guest are in the depths of the grave."

My Thoughts
This made me think of how the devil is always trying to get us to do things when nobody is looking.  He starts when we are just small children and never lets up. It can be as simple as getting home and seeing on your Wal-Mart receipt that something in your bag didn't get scanned... the devil will say "It doesn't matter nobody will ever know." But, we know...and God knows. If the devil can get us with the little "Nobody will see." he can then move up with baby steps...getting us to hide more and more and more... it is a slippery slope! Anytime we find ourselves hiding anything but a wonderful surprise, that is a sure sign that the devil has deceived us... it is a red flag that we need to step back and take a look at what we are doing that we should have to hide. I have known women that hide their purchases from their husbands..and men that hide their total amounts of their paychecks from their wives. No good can come from that. We recognize that any time a child feels they have to hide something from their parent that it is not a good thing for them! We need to recognize that if we are doing anything that we need to hide from anybody that is not a good thing for us. The more we hide the more isolated we become... the more isolated we become the more vulnerable we are to the devil. Every time the devil is able to get a hold on us that puts us another step closer to death. Not physical death but the death of our souls. Oh that is a lonely place to be. The scary thing is that it can start out as simple as a piece of pie that nobody has to know we ate.... the first time we do that it does seem to taste better.... then before we know it... we are eating it all alone and not even tasting it. We are so much better off when we see things as they are... we are so much better off when we recognize those red flags in our lives and use them as a signal that it is time to call on God and His grace to get us through a moment that could lead to a change in our lives... a change that could grab hold and take us far away from God.

God's word tells us all the time what to watch out for... right here we learn to to be careful of things done in secret...something as little as eating in secret can lead us to the depths of the grave. Next time we are tempted to do something because nobody will know... we can send up a prayer to God instead and ask Him to give us strength to do what is right.

No comments: