I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 26, 2012

2.26.11

Mark 8:22-26  When they arrived at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus, and they begged him to touch the man and heal him.  Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. Then, spitting on the man’s eyes, he laid his hands on him and asked, “Can you see anything now?”  The man looked around. “Yes,” he said, “I see people, but I can’t see them very clearly. They look like trees walking around.”  Then Jesus placed his hands on the man’s eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly.  Jesus sent him away, saying, “Don’t go back into the village on your way home.”

My Thoughts
Today when I read this I thought about all this man could have missed out on if he had not been honest with himself and with Jesus. He could have said "Yes, I see." after all he did see more than he had ever seen before. This man had a "full" conversation with Jesus...not just a quick "let me give you the answer you want to hear, conversation." He would have missed out on so much had he been trying to be a "yes" man.

God wants us to talk to him about everything... we can share everything with God, even our disappointments! God knows that we feel them.... He also wants us to talk to him about how we feel, leaving nothing out.

I wonder how much we miss out on because we have vague conversations with God. This man's vague answer could have been a simple "Yes" when Jesus ask "Can you see?" Then he would have walked around seeing only outlines of people... he would have missed out on a completed blessing!

When we talk to Jesus, when we talk to God we need to tell him everything. We don't need to be vague, or tell God what we think he wants to hear...we need to give him our all! I sure don't want to get half of what God has planed for me, do you?




No comments: