I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 13, 2012

2.13.12

Exodus 36:1 The Lord has gifted Bezalel, Oholiab and the other skilled craftsmen with wisdom and ability to perform any task involved in building the sanctuary.  Let them construct and furnish the Tabernacle, just as the Lord has commanded.

My Thoughts
These were just ordinary craftsman... ordinary! Yet when God needed them to do what He asked them to do they were able to build an  the extraordinary, a Tabernacle for God. They were able because God gave them the ability. Let me tell you Bezalel did it all...he carved, he wove fine linen and embroidered them. All the wood structure fit perfectly, yes perfectly together! Bezalel inlaid things in gold. He was able to do it all! I imagine this ordinary craftsman when told all that he was going to do laid in bed and thought "I will never be able to do all, ALL these things!" Yet he was able because God ask him to and gifted him with the wisdom and ability to perform the tasked he needed to perform.  I bet each night Bezalel and Oholiab went to bed wondering how they were going to do the next days task...and each morning they woke up with that "Oh, I know how to make this work!" feeling.

How many times have we gone to bed and wondered how we were going to do something and woke up with the answer, while never stopping to thank God for giving us the answer? I have done it so many times... too many to count. This is one thing I learned from this scripture. I have learned to thank God when the answer comes... because it doesn't come from inside of me, it comes from God's gifts to me...His gift of wisdom and ability for the task at hand.

The other thing I have learned is this... when God ask me to do something for Him, when I get there...when I step foward and start the task, God will give me the wisdom and ability I need to do what He has ask of me. If  he ask me to pray for a complete stranger in the store, He will give me the words. If He ask me to tell somebody about Him, he will give me the wisdom I need. If God ask me to build an ark he will give me the plans and the ability to understand those plans.

God ask Robby to take care of me and Madison and John-Robert... and he has given Robby the ability to go to work, and the will to work hard to support us... even before Robby met me he walked into the the doors of UPS so that he could provide for us, for me and Madison and John-Robert. All because God gifted him with the ability to do so!

I have so much to thank God for! Every good think in my life...every good thing in our life is a gift straight from God himself.

No comments: