I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 3, 2012

2.3.12

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied, "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

My Thoughts
Love! We are to love God first...then we are to love others and we are also called to love ourselves. So many people have not been taught how to love... so many people have messed up so much that they think that nobody loves them and they don't even love themselves. They can't even imagine that God could love them. Our job as Christians is to go about loving God first then loving everybody that we come in contact with. Our neighbor is the person next to us no matter where we are. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 tell us what love is...4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

So often we plan our days so packed full of stuff... we make ourselves think we have somewhere to be (home to watch a ballgame). We get in such hurry that we don't have time for love! How sad is that!  Sometimes a person's first glimpse at love comes from a complete stranger standing in line with them at Wal-Mart. Even at Wal-Mart we are called to be patient and kind, we are called to love by not demanding our own way...even if we have to wait ten minutes to get sugar from the shelf... we need to wait in love. We need to never give up on finding opportunities to show people love. We need to never lose faith in the fact that when we do what God ask of us that He will take care of the rest of our day if we have taken time to love.

God loved us so much that he watched His Son die on the cross for our sins.... the least we could do is practice love with each and every person that we come in contact with. To love others as we love ourselves we can ask ourselves "If I were in that situation what would I want somebody to do for me?" then act accordingly. 

Love it not hard, or complicated... but it does take action and effort... love takes time. We are constantly taking time for the "important" things in life and missing out on opportunities to love. Jesus tells us here that there is nothing more important than love. Today when we are out and about we need to take time to love the person standing next to us...after all that is our neighbor. 

No comments: