I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 19, 2012

2.20.12

Mark 4:24-25 Then He added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given--and you will receive even more. To those who listen to my teaching more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken from them."

My Thoughts
Have you ever read something from the Bible that you found amazing, that you think you will remember forever, then it just doesn't stay in your head or you put it so far back in your memory that it isn't there when you need it? We all have! We need to study and study God's word... we need to keep reading and doing our best to understand...then one day it is there... dropped down into our spirit where it is always present! In the King James Bible there are 774,746 words! So much to learn!  But we have a lifetime to learn it all.  The important thing is that we keep reading, we keep studying so that God's wonderful word will not ever be taken from us. The more we read and listen the more we will  understand. The more understanding we have the more we want to do what God ask of us. The more we do what God teaches us the better our lives get. Jesus knew how to listen to God, to hear God... Jesus came and lived on this earth and spent his time teaching,  wanting us to so understand how wonderful it is to really know God. Jesus wants us to have all that He has. He was saying pay attention and listen close, do what I tell you and your lives will be better and better and better. Our lives can be better and better and better if we spend time in God's word and act on what we have learned. It is so important... it is life changing! We so often go about looking for ways to make our lives better and we never pick up the Bible. A better life starts with understanding all that God has for us... and God teaches us how to get that better life in those 774,746 words. We just have to read them.

No comments: