I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

Genesis 1:3 Then God said "Let there be light," and there was light.

My Thoughts
Today I start my second year through the Bible... I thank everybody that took this journey with me in any way last year, you have blessed my life and encouraged me to keep going...thank you so much. It is already interesting to see how what I read feels different the second time around... last year I read this verse and knew what it said, buy its power was lost on me... last year the first day I read my Bible I just read the words.... the power of the words of God were lost one me..they had not registered in my heart and mind, that took a few months ... now I read these words and see so much more... God said "Let there be light,"... all God had to do is "say,"  to speak the words and light happened... I don't know about you but me, I want somebody with that kind of power on my side.... I want to know God so closely that when I ask for something he will speak words of power over my life and that those words will transform my steps... with God's power and love I can say "God I really want to have a good day today." and all God has to do is say "Jeannie's day will be good," and it will happen... but first I need to have a relationship with God that makes God hear what I say... I need to know God so well that God knows my voice... that when I speak to God he doesn't say "Who are you? I never knew you.".... I have to do my part in my relationship with God...then I can say "God, I want to have a good day" and God can speak those words over my life and my good day will happen, because all God has to do is speak and the universe responds.... now that is amazing!

No comments: