I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1.4.11

Psalms 4:4 Don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.

My Thoughts
I am almost positive that I started posting my Bible verses with this very verse.  So often when we get angry, most often probably, it begins with our mood.  It begins when we just don't feel good and we take something the wrong way.  If we would just wait one day, take time to gather our thoughts, take time to make sure that what we say is meant to straighten things out, not done to cause harm, or to hurt somebody that we have perceived has hurt us... if we took a whole day to think about what we were angry about often in a day we would find out that we weren't angry at all, just in a bad mood with the world.  Things done in anger never produce good fruit.  Sure we might get our way but is getting our way truly worth being hurtful to somebody else??... next time you feel anger boiling up inside you see if you can't control yourself for a day, then handle the situation....I bet more often than not there won't even be a situation to handle...and in the process you yourself won't be responsible for hurting another person.

No comments: