I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.2.11

Genesis 3:6-7 The woman (Eve) was convinced.  She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it.  Then she gave some to her husband who was with her.

My Thoughts
I have heard people say "If only Eve hadn't eaten that fruit!"... yet we do it all the time.  How many times do we gossip because we want to look like the person that knows... how many times do we spend money we don't have because something looks so delicious... how many times do we do something that we know is wrong, thinking it will make us look better, feel better, be better only to discover what we already knew, that we felt guilt after doing it.  It wasn't worth it at all.  We need to keep Eve in our mind... she knew better, God had told her better... but she didn't listen and suffered the consequences for her actions. When we have that moment of pause... when we hear that voice in our head justifying what we know we shouldn't do then we need to think of Eve.... and learn from her mistakes.  My mom read once and tells me a dumb person doesn't learn from their mistakes, a smart person does... but a really, really smart person learns from other peoples mistakes. God gives us these stories, God made sure that these stories withstood the test of time so that we could be the really smart people and learn from other people's mistakes... we have a choice we don't have to be like Eve.

No comments: