I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 24, 2011

1.24.11

Matthew 16:6 “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

My Thoughts
This really struck me today!... the Pharisees and Sadducess were always going about doing wrong.  Turning and twisting the law to make it fit their situation.  Making sin fit into their law so they looked like "good people." Have you ever cooked bread... added the yeast and watch it rise?...It only takes a little dough and a little yeast and and little warm place and wow you have a whole lot of bread!!  It just multiplies!  We have to guard ourselves from evil... we have to be really careful not to talk ourselves into something that is not right into being okay... or the next thing we know we will be making everything inviting okay. The first time we make something wrong okay by twisting it around in our head we feel a bit guilty but we make it work... before long we are twisting everything around in our heads and not feeling guilt..... our ability to make the wrong seem right grows into something that is easy to do it becomes a way of life.  This verse tells us to be careful not to let sin creep into our life because sin has a way of multiplying really fast.  Think about it when the bread rises with yeast it seems big, it seems like lots more than it really is. Why? Because it is filled with wholes... big empty spaces of air.  When we achieve something by sin and we feel all puffed up with our accomplishments we are all puffed up with air...that achievement is filled with big wholes of emptiness and regret...on the outside we look full and accomplished but on the inside we feel empty.  When we accomplish something the right way, they way that God would have us to it...when our bowl it is really  full there are no huge holes... we are all full inside with joy and happiness, with a sense of accomplishment. 

When I was a little girl I would go to this bakery down the street that had the sweetest yeast rolls...they were huge... all fluffed up and pretty..but I would buy like three because they really didn't fill you up. Now my grandmothers biscuits, they were a different story they were a third the size of those yeast rolls and not near as pretty. But my grandmothers biscuits all it took was one good biscuit and she would add some butter and honey and you were all full and satisfied.

Sin is like the yeast roll it gets inside you and grows really fast but does nothing to satisfy you... it looks all pretty and it looks like it is going to fill you up...but it doesn't last long at all. Doing what God ask, accomplishing thing the right way, that is like my grandmothers biscuits..you choose one of   those and God will add the butter and honey and life will be all sweet and satisfying. A good feeling deep, deep down in your tummy.  You will be filled us all satisfied and warm and happy. 

You know what I had to pay for those yeast rolls at the bakery, my grandmothers biscuits they were free all because she loved me!






No comments: