I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 14, 2011

1.14.11

Matthew 10:16 Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

My Thoughts
Shrewd is defined as "Characterized by keen awareness, sharp intelligence, and often a sense of the practical."  As Christians we need to be harmless, sweet and kind, loving, helpful...but we need also to be totally aware, smart...and practical.  We don't need to be stupid to put it in the language of today.  We don't have to be taken advantage of.  We need to be able to discern the difference in enabling somebody and helping them... we need to educate ourselves in matters of people... we need to be practical. I think this means that we need to take care of ourselves as much as we take care of others... so that we will be able to take care of others.  Proverbs tells us all the time to seek wisdom... that means to educate ourselves in the ways of God, and in the ways of the world...we can be a stepping stone for others without being stepped on by others. When we don't know if we are being a stepping stone or being stepped on we need to stop and talk to God about what we need to do next... God knows.... if God doesn't want us to step on others, he loves us and doesn't want us to be stepped on ourselves.  So today be loving, and sweet and kind, do no harm... but remember you don't have to allow harm to be done to you in the process.

1 comment:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - I love this! I don't think about taking care of myself sometimes! Thanks Jeannie for reminding me!
Hugs,
M