I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11

Matthew 8:26 Jesus responded, "Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.

My Thoughts
These men were out in the storm..... far out from shore... they could probably only see the water... and the water was strong and crashing against the boat... Jesus had given these men authority to do the things he could do....all they had to do themselves was speak to the waves, to the storm...but if they didn't have faith that they could, their lack of faith made them unable.  God tells us in his word that all we need to move mountains is have faith the size of a mustard seed (Matthew 17:20) Jesus had that faith and the waves stopped... Jesus had power over that great water...that great storm because he had the faith he needed. Jesus wanted his followers to have the same faith, he had given them the same ability.  We tell our children you can do it if you believe you can... we get the concept... we hear the words but so often we don't think that theses words are meant for us as well... the preacher maybe... our Sunday School teacher.... our grandmother... but not us.  But God made sure these words lasted for years and years and  years because they are just as important in our lives We often feel like we believe these words, we feel like we have faith the size of a mustard seed yet we don't command the day to favor us. We don't speak success over our lives... over our words... over our actions.  I know that I am not good to do this...when I do it amazing things happen!...I can remember to do it on a day like today when this verse is on my mind....and even as I watch amazing things happen I forget that I spoke the words, I just feel lucky.  An example of this in my life... it's small .... is when I picked up my looms and started knitting...I just started doing this in October... I put that loom in my hand and said "God I want to be good at this, teach me to be good at this." Let me tell you I love my looms!...I have learned so much in 4 months... other loom knitters that have been looming for several years tell me I am a natural.... I just understand how the stitches work...I do things without patterns.....I look at sweaters and hats in the stores and say on that is a knit stitch and a purl stitch that makes this pattern.... that was me saying I want to be good at this...teach me to be good at this... that was me applying my ability to speak good over my life and it happening.  That was me learning to apply what God has taught me to my every day life.  Now if I would just do it about everything that I do... God used my knitting to prove himself and his word to me...now I need to use the power he gave me to make other things work in my life.

No comments: