I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1.5.11

Matthew 5:21-22 You have heard that our ancestors were told, 'If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.' But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot you are in danger of being brought before the court.  And if you curse someone you are in danger of the fires of hell.

My Thoughts
So often we want to put a size on sin... we see somebody sin and we think... I don't to that, but it doesn't matter if there is a sin we don't do... it matters if there are sins we do, do..... sin is sin is sin....In Matthew 7:5 Jesus tells us "Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye." ... none of us are without sin... not one of us... we should be about helping each other be better people... not about judging people for what they do that is "worse" than what we do.  So many times our sins come from things we have been taught, things our own family didn't view as a sin...and we don't do better until we know better.... people come from all backgrounds and if they are doing things we know are sinful, they may not have been taught better as a child, teen, or adult... maybe they know better now...but what they do wrong is so in their nature it is hard to break the pattern... do we want people judging us when we regress and make a mistake?...then we don't need to judge others... all we have to do to be a sinner is be angry with somebody, call somebody an idiot, and I bet we have all done that when we are driving in our cars and are running late.  Jesus teaches us to have compassion for others... do we need to be aware of sin, yes of course we do, we can't not do something we are not aware of... but do we need to judge a person for that sin, no because we don't know where they came from. We don't know what happened in their lives, we have not walked a mile in their shoes.  Next time I find myself judging somebody, I am going to use that as a red flag in my life that says "How can I help this person?" "How can I set a good example?" I am going to send a prayer up for that person... I would hope that if I were doing something wrong, something that would keep me from heaven that somebody would love me enough to say prayers for me, not go around talking about what an idiot I am.

No comments: