I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6.11

Genesis 15:6 And Abram believed the Lord and the Lord counted him righteous because of his faith.

My Thoughts
God counted Abram righteous because of his faith... not because of his good works, not because he was sin free... but because Abram believed God... Abram had faith in God... Abram believe all that God said.  This verse is so important... it tells us that it is important to believe in all that God says... not parts of it... we don't get to choose what parts of the Bible are true... it is important to believe all that God tells us... we can do our very best to not sin... we can go about doing good all the time... but to be counted righteous we must believe all that God tells us.... we must have faith that God will do what God says he will do... we might like some parts more than others.... but we must believe all the parts of God's promises to us.... and they are wonderful, exciting promises! 

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

AMEN, this is so true. It amazes me when people want to pick and choose what they want to beleive in the Bible.... how do they do that? I am just thankful that we have His word so we read, understand and do what he tells us!