I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 10, 2011

Proverbs 3:6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

My Thoughts
How often do we make the wrong decision?  I do it lots...and I use to do it lots more... have you ever thought what should I say to something somebody has just said?... We all have! I have just learned to stop and say a prayer, a simple prayer "God please guide my  words." It is so easy to ask that God help us when we speak, when we have a decision to make... but we are just so use to jumping in and taking... trying to depend on our own understanding.  God understand the big picture and if we could get in the habit of asking God each and every time we make a decision imagine how much simpler our life would be. How often do we get our life overloaded and if we had ask God if we needed to take on more we wouldn't be over loaded... Making it a habit in our daily decisions to depend on God for all our choices would truly uncomplicated our lives.  We worry all the time about what somebody is going to say about a decision we make...when we should be worried about what God will say about the decisions we make.  I was not taught as a child to ask God what to do in every situation.  Sadly I didn't teach my kids to ask God what to do in every situation... But I will teach my grandchildren one day to do this very thing.  I am learning...I start out my day asking God to guide my steps and my words... now I have to get down to asking God each and every time, throughout the day what I need to do next.  Today will you try that with me?

No comments: