I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 3, 2011

1.3.11

Matthew 3:10 (John the Baptist said) Even now the ax of God's judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees.  Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into fire.

My Thoughts
I always thought, for many, many years, that I was saved, a child of God.  Then I received my One Year Bible and begin reading it daily.... and in the process learned  how to have a relationship with God... now I know I am saved, without a doubt I am saved... I believe that when we are truly saved... when we have a relationship with God, when we seek after God... when we spend time with God... we want to produce good fruit... we are way more aware of evil.... we develop the Fruit of the Spirit ...Galatians 5:22-23 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!... how we love God shows in our actions.  It is kind of like this... have you ever known somebody that was in a bad relationship... you could see it but they couldn't.... you knew by the other persons actions that they did not love the person they claimed to love...the were mean and unkind to the person they claimed to love...they were only thoughtful of that person when it was in their best interest.  We can not treat God like that... we can't be only mindful of God when we need him... that says God love me... I don't love you...but I need you to love me... when we truly love somebody we spend time with them, lots of time with them...and we do things to make them happy and make them smile just because we love them so much.  When we truly love God we can't help but do the things he ask us to do... yes we may mess up, we may do it wrong sometimes but we make the effort for that relationship to work... God tells us that if we truly, truly love him we will produce good fruit.... If you think about it... we love people on earth that love us back...we can't help ourselves... if somebody loves us and it shows we love them back.... when we love God, God knows and he loves us back!... God loves us anyway, but when we love God back it shows and we produce good fruit.

1 comment:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Jeannie - yes, love works on a two way street - but I love how you point out that no matter what God loves us back...and with loving God we can do good things in our life! Thank you!
Hugs,
Melissa