I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1.26.11

Matthew 17:20 "You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them.  "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.' and it would move.  Nothing would be impossible."

My Thoughts
Do you ever feel like you have faith that God can do anything but wonder why that faith isn't working?... I think so often our faith is in what God can do for everybody else. We so often feel like God won't do it for us.  I believe that we feel that way  because we know our faults, out thoughts, our anger, our own secrets.  We don't know all the faults of the people around us.  Satin likes it that way, he likes that we think we are the only person that feels the way we do, that acts the way we do.  He likes that we like to keep secrets about ourselves to ourselves.  He likes it when mothers only tell about how "good" their children are or how they do everything right as mothers.  He likes it when spouse only share how "perfect" their marriage is.  He likes it when we don't share our shortcomings. When we don't show each other our vulnerabilities because then he can convince us how awful we are. How unworthy we are of all the gifts God has for us. When satin separates us and makes us feel different from all the world he can convince us that God doesn't want to do things for us because we are not worthy.  So we go about having faith that God can do anything for other people. It's not that we don't have faith in what God can do .... so often it is that we don't have faith in what God will do for even us. We don't need to go about trashing our spouses, our kids or ourselves.  But we do need to be more honest with each other...and admit things like "kids can be hard," "my sweet husband is getting on my nerves today" ... "I am afraid I won't be a perfect mom."  "I really messed this up."  We can admit those things in kind, concerned loving ways and give each other strength.  God knows we are not perfect, they is why he sent Jesus!  God tells us a that he is strongest when we are weak (2 Corn. 12:10) God knows our imperfections and loves us all the more. Jesus didn't say if you are perfect and have faith you can move a mountain, He only said "If you have faith." .. Our faith doesn't have to be in our perfections, we are never going to be perfect.  Our faith should be in the fact that God can do all things and will do things for us and through us if we just ask him to. God will even help us have faith if that is where we are weak. In my prayers today I am going to ask God "God please help me have the faith that you will do as much for me and through me as I see you do through others." You and I belong to God as much as anybody else does. God wants all of his children to have all that he has to give. We can have faith in that and in all the promises of God. We can have faith that those promises are for "even me."

No comments: