I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 21, 2011

1.21.11

Psalms 18:18-19 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the Lord supported me. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

My Thoughts
Satin is always, always waiting for a moment...any moment where he can get us... he loves it when we are weak... we need to remember that when we are weakest that is when God is strongest.  When we feel those attacks from the devil that is the time to pray and give it to God.  Here is says "God led me to a place of safety."  God will lead us to a place of safety...God delights in us when we call on Him... when we depend on Him.  Sometimes these are the hardest times to call on God... we are in a hard situation, we feel we are just falling apart..and all we can concentrate on is the task at hand... the problem at hand.  This is why it is important to make talking to God something we just do.  Like a soldier.. they train and train a soldier so when he is in battle he just does what he is suppose to do.  If we pray every day... if we learn to pray several times a day... if we make it a habit to pray in the morning when we get up, then again before we walk into work... as we go to answer a ringing phone we pray to say the right words, to have the right response, if we learn to pray before each task... if we do this out of habit... then when we are in distress we will already be praying and God will step in so fast that satin doesn't have time to attack us.  This is going to be my goal...I pray every morning already. But I need to pray when the phone rings, I need to pray when I get into the car, I need to pray before I walk into a building, I need to pray when my sweet husband is about to walk through the door.  My goal is to lean to pray not just in the morning, but before I start anything... before I open my mouth to talk... God can only be a part of all that I do if I invite Him in to be a part of all that I do... when we put God in all that we do he fills in the cracks and satin has less places to sneak in and attack us!  Where are you going to add a prayer in your day?

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I too pray every morning and also in the evening and when something is important.... What I need to realize is everything is imposrtant to God! And I will have His strenght before the temptation to hold me thru. Thanks for the reminder.