I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1.19.11

Matthew 13:22 The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the Good News, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no crop is produced.

My Thoughts
I think this is where so many of us fall as Christians today.... we are the seed that lands on thorny ground.... we know all about God...we know the Good News...but the message is crowded out.... I have always head about the sandy ground, and the shallow ground...then the solid ground...but in the stories I have heard the thorny ground was left out.  We go to Church on Sunday and we wake up on Monday and start to worry again.  I have always been the worrier! I could give something to God for a while... sometimes only until my prayers were finished...but then I would take those worries right back... when we go around worrying we can't  keep our eyes on God... we can't keep our eyes on the needs of others around us... when we worry we can't  feel the joy God has for us...  when we worry we crowd out the voice of the Holy Spirit inside of us. 

I have found that putting God in my life ever day...not just on Sunday.... has helped me to not be a worrier... You know how you go to Church on Sunday... you learn in Sunday school then the pastor teaches you something new....and you go home with this good feeling.... you forget your worries... at least until Monday... because for a moment you know God is in control....when you take time to start your day, every day with God word you get a new reminder that God is in control... at least that is what has happened to me... it didn't happen over night... it happened over time... I almost didn't know I was not worrying.... I knew I felt better, of course I felt better I was talking to God every day... but I didn't notice I wasn't worrying. 

About three years ago I had to have surgery.  The surgery was scheduled for a month away, I cried for two weeks...I was over come with worry....I can't describe to you how afraid that I was.... when they took me back to the room to get me ready for surgery they even gave me the "I don't care" medicine early to calm me down.  I did fine, God was in control!... but I was worried!... a few weeks ago I had to have surgery again... here is the story of that surgery.  I woke up one morning and was reading my Bible... and a voice inside of me said, in the middle of my Bible reading, "Call Dr Ayers Now!" as clear as a bell I heard this!... I stopped and called, I knew without a doubt that the Holy Spirit inside me was telling me to go to the doctor.  I called and said, "I need to see Dr. Ayers.  I am not feeling good, but I am not sick either so I don't have to come today. The lady on the phone said how about 2:30.  So I went that very day.  I was not even sure what I was going to tell Dr. Ayers when I got there... I said my tummy has been hurting for about 2 months now (so long I would forget that it wasn't really normal)...then I said "I know this sounds crazy but I am hot all the time!!  Really hot!"  Dr Ayers asked me a couple more questions and then said" I am 90% sure it is your gallbladder. I am going to send you for test." Now people go for months and have trouble getting that diagnosed!... He sent me for the test, my gallbladder was working at 11%. Ten days after making the call I had surgery. Not one minute was I afraid or worried!... I knew that if God told me to call the doctor, and if I got in so quickly, the week of Thanksgiving, and if the Doctor knew so quickly what was wrong with me, that God was in control.  I thought that maybe I would get afraid just as I was wheeled back to surgery, but I didn't.  This time I knew God was going to take care of me, after all He told me to call the doctor! 

Reading God's word every day removed the thorns from my soil and put me on good soil.  See we have to do our part... we have to make sure that we weed the garden..then God's word can be planted deep within our hearts... it can become so much a part of us that the decisions we make in our life won't be decisions at all, it will be just what is good and right to do...we won't have to be worried about anything... because we will know that God does what He says he will do and He takes care of us when we do our part to know Him and what he wants for us in our lives.Where do you want to plant your seed today?

No comments: