I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 31, 2011

1.31.11

Proverbs 6:12-15   12 Here is a description of worthless and wicked people: They are constant liars, 13 signaling their true intentions to their friends by making signs with their eyes and feet and fingers. 14 Their perverted hearts plot evil. They stir up trouble constantly. 15 But they will be destroyed suddenly, broken beyond all hope of healing.

My Thoughts
We have all seen these kind of people.  We can really see it in teenagers that think they are being cute.  What is sad is some of the adults watching these teenagers think they are cute.  Many of the kids acting like this are taught at home that it is cute.  It is all in fun.  This behavior is so destructive, it makes some people feel tortured.  At the least it causes anxiety in the people being mistreated.  Kids follow the kids acting this way to be cool, out of fear they will be the victim if they don't and for many other reasons.  What if we could instill this verse along with 1 Corinthians 144-7   4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 6 It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.  If we and our children really learned these two verses... set these two verses in our heart enough to live by them every day,  just think what a different place the world would be.  What if they read these two verses over the loudspeaker at school... in the morning meeting at the office every day.  What if just one person at you workplace remembered these verses and acted accordingly. Just one person acting this way would make a difference.  Will that person be you? 

No comments: