I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.20.10

Matthew 13:45-46  "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls.  When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it."

My Thoughts
In America we work to have it "all."  We are flooded with advertisements about having it all.  We are told by those advertisements that the more we have the more we are worth, the more worthy we are. In the past 10 years or so people have given up the security of home ownership by mortgaging their houses to pay off credit cards they used to "have it all."  We work, work, work to give "it all" to our families...and we don't leave time to give or ourselves to our families.  We work so hard that we squeeze our time to the point that we can't fit God into our lives.  We need to give up "all" that stuff,  if having "all" that stuff means that we don't make time for God in our lives.  The Kingdom of heaven is the ultimate "all." Yet we overlook that for the "stuff" right in front of us.  We have great words of wisdom, pearls of wisdom and we don't take time to read it.  Our Bible is our instruction book to the "all" of the kingdom of God we need to take time to read the instructions that will give us that pearl of greatest value. Nothing else we work for is as important as what God ask us to do... and God even tells u that we won't have to worry about anything if we "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.: Matthew 6:33 We are so lost in having it all that we don't see what "all" really is.  We need to step back and realize that the pearl of greatest value is God, it is the Kingdom of Heaven that is where all the treasure is... The Kingdom of God is "priceless." Not the things we can put on our Visa.  Don't be fooled by earths shiny things...don't give up the most valuable purl there is by the lure of a string of costume jewelry.  Make time for God today by picking up His instruction book even if you have to give up something to do so.

No comments: