I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 15, 2011

1.15.11

Matthew 10:42 And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers you will surly be rewarded.

My Thoughts
God rewards us if we do good....we should never pass up the chance to do for others... we never know who we are doing what for... but God knows and God rewards us.  It tells us right here in Matthew that God rewards us for doing for others...even it all it is is a cup of water.  I have an argument here and there with a family member that God rewards us when we do good...this family member thinks God set the world up so we are rewarded then just kinda leaves the world alone.  God does not just leave the world alone... and God does not ignore us when we do the very things he ask us to do... I believe God trust us with small things then bigger and bigger things... so we are not overwhelmed, so that we can learn as we go.  But God is aware of even the hairs on our head and knows when even a sparrow falls from the sky (Matthew 10:29). If he cares about the hairs on my head, and he ask me to do for others, to be kind, and to love others then God notices when I do those thing.  When we give to others we give hope. When we give to others we give love.  Isn't that what Jesus was all about? Hope and Love. I believe God celebrates when we give hope and love to others.  We celebrate by giving gifts...on birthdays, at Christmas.  I think  maybe we celebrating with gifts because  is just a part of us... because we were made in the image of God.... We celebrate all the time ...when a baby takes a first step, says a first word, when our child does something kind, we celebrate birthdays and Christmas.  I believe that God celebrates when we do good things and often times he celebrates by giving us something as a reward for doing good.

No comments: