I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 1, 2010

8.1.10

Romans 15:4b And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.

My Thoughts
Oh this verse was so meant for me at this time... it is so exciting!... In January when I began my one year journey through the Bible, if I had read this, I would not have understood or even believe this statement... a full seven months later this passage makes me smile, and gives me a peace, it brings joy to my heart!  I, a full seven months later, can say that the Scriptures that God made sure we have, that God put in my hands at this time in my life... these Scriptures give me hope!...they make my faith in God stronger each and every day!.... I know as I begin my eight month into my journey of reading God's word daily that all the God says is true.  I know this because as I grow closer to God I see his promises being fulfilled in my life...and when I read about a new promise that applies to me that I can smile, continue to follow His path for my life and know without doubt that the promise of God that I just read about will come to pass in my life!... I finally understand that through prayer and reading and listening that I can have a peace that does pass all understanding.  For somebody that has suffered anxiety, depression and panic in the past this peace is absolutely amazes me each and every day.  I can see my life changing and evolving each and every day!... For a life that was pretty darn good before it is amazing to see how much more I can be with God leading my steps... how much more I can have as I follow his whispers and nudging at my life, whispers that teach me how to be a better person, a stronger person, a wiser person, a person so much more at peace with life.  I love that I know Romans 14"4b to be true... that the Scriptures give us home and encouragement!... I urge you if you feel hopeless...if you need encouragement to pick up your Bible and start reading it daily... and praying daily, even if you don't understand a thing you read at first... do it in faith that you will begin to understand...and I promise you will begin to understand. God will make his words clearer each and every day... the Scriptures will give you hope and encouragement... God's wonderful Word will change you... just this very morning I heard God say "I love you!... and I said back I love you too God!

No comments: