I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8.4.10

1 Corinthians 1:5-7 Through Christ, God has enriched your church in every way--with all of your eloquent words and all of  your knowledge. This confirms that what I told you about Christ is true.  Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of your Lord Jesus Christ.  he will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.

My Thoughts
How exciting is this... if we have Jesus in our hearts and depend on him, God will give us all we need to make us strong... he will give us the words we need in every situation, he will give us the knowledge we need if we seek after it... that will help us in all that we do!!... it says here that they had ever spiritual gift they needed... God will give us all those gifts too if we depend on him.. if we seek after his word... if we call on him in every situation... God sent Jesus to free us from our sins...and give us life more abundantly... God will provide all our needs.. all we have to do is believe in Jesus, ask him into our heart...have faith and seek after him.  I have found this to be so true since I have been reading my Bible daily... so many things that I would have struggled over before... decisions that I would have pondered, worried about or doubted... they are easy to make... because I have been studying God's word... because I can her him now when he nudges me ... and the more I pray... the more I read my Bible... the more I listen... the more I ask... the less I have to ponder, or worry...  the more I just know that I know that I know what God would want me to do in each situation...and the more I can walk away confidently... now even when I know that I have messed up I can go to God and say.... Oh I wasn't listening... please forgive me... I will know to do better next time... and I know that I will do better next time... so the bad decision that I still can make become learning ground to do better... and I can walk away from those and forgive myself and move on with my life!... God is so good and He will walk with you and talk with you ... if you only ask him too!

No comments: