I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, August 28, 2010

8.28.10

Proverbs 22:7 Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.

My Thoughts
God gives us these little golden treasures of wisdom to enhance our lives... so that we can live our lives to the fullest ...this is one of those golden treasures..... every thing we have is a gift from God...and when we over spend we are saying to God... "you have not given me enough."  God will provide all that we need... but first he wants us to depend on him for all that we need. When we depend on credit card... and banks... and store credit.....we are not depending on God.....  Getting debt free is work... it take diligence... but it can be done!.... Robby and I became debt free about 5 or 6 years ago... except for our house... then we were able recently to pay our house off in full.... we would not have been able to do this if we had not freed ourselves of all of our other dept... and with each thing we paid off our shoulders, our hearts and our minds became free-er and free-er... and the choices we  made once we were dept free changed like you could not imagine... the weight of dept does something to your mind and your heart... it changes the choice you have.... it makes you feel constantly deprived when your not... when you feel that way it is the devils way in!... you go to care of some business and see something that you think you can't live without and you tell yourself I DESERVE THIS... and you have felt so much pressure for being a servant to your lender that you bought  it anyway even thought you couldn't afford it!... you get home with it... the purchase is on your credit card.... and the only satisfaction you received was  that moment you  spent money that you didn't have anyway.... making the lender even happier... you owned him more money for the money you just spent and somehow the wonderful new toy wasn't all it felt like it was going to be when you thought you couldn't have it!! ... and when the bills come in... the ones that are already hard to pay... you will own more... sleep less... have to work harder... and it all spirals out of control while the devil sets back and laughs because he knows the more stressed you are... the harder it is to think... the  more power he will have over your life... But on the other hand when we deprive ourselves of that little moment of passing pleasure... when we remind ourselves that God has given us all we need... and we can pass on this... then we pass on that... and we work extra to pay our bill off... not extra to pay the extra bill... we begin to see the rewards.. we sleep better... we are less irritable... we are able to think clearer.. and with each paid off bill our wings grow.... and God's power in our lives grows stronger... we are more able to make wise choices... we quit feeling deprived and we begin to feel thankful for all that God has provided... when we wait on something because we save for it...it cost us less... because we didn't have to pay interest on it... and we begin to have more...we have more  even after  tithe and give back to God in thanks  for all that he has given us...and this begins to bless our lives even more... amazing things begin to happen... as you become freer and freer of the bondage of debt...your heart becomes freer and freer and becomes less selfish..... God in his great wisdom tells us how to have a better life... and one of those ways is to be debt free... not to be a slave to the lender... to be free to pick up and do anything that God ask you to do... so you don't have to say God I can't right now... I am busy I have a debt to pay.... we need to be able to say to God... how can I spend my time paying my dept to you for giving your Son to die for my sins.

No comments: